Thursday, June 23, 2011

Curve Balls

Nine years ago today I embarked from Miami on my first cruise with my new bride by my side.  We were young (she still is).  We were happy (we both still are).  We were in love with life and each other and ready for any adventure life threw at us.  We dreamed big about our life, career, and our family.  And then....the curve balls came.

Today, nine years later, I started my day in the waiting room of a child psychologist's office.  We meet with her weekly to discuss our younger son's motor and language dyspraxia and sensory issues.  She is encouraging and helpful but she is a curve ball -- one we didn't see coming.

I then came home to find my older son's report card in the mail.  Promoted to 1st grade...awesome!  Great academics but "disrupts class often" was noted several times.  Sometimes I wish that apple would have fallen a little farther from the tree.

We then spent the majority of our day engulfed in the work of our appointment -- an appointment that we love and have a vision for.  We are thrown curve balls daily and try our best to discern the Spirit's guiding and direction for this special place and the great people that love, support, and challenge us.

All in all, no matter the curve balls, God has been faithful.

I have joy in my marriage, my family life, and my calling.  I am strong in the grace of the Lord.  What more could I ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment